Fake Escrow Companies - Escrow Fraud
Escrow companies can be very helpful assisting a transaction between buyer and seller safely, but you ought to make sure you are using a legit service. If you don't know what escrow is read here. Scammers can set up a fake escrow website. They promise you to provide escrow services, but once you make a payment believing you are doing a safe transaction the fake escrow website will take your money and disappear. It is a growing problem and you should always check your escrow company before you do anything at all. Here is a list of legit and verified escrow sites:
* Escrow.com
* Auctionchex
* Ilox Safe Trade
* Triple Deal
* Escrow Australia
* Escrow Europa
3 comments:
Hi!
My name is Mike Ashley and I believe I may have found a possible fraud on the net and thought you should know.
http://www.live-shipping.tk/ This link will take you directly to their web site and you can judge for yourself. I had sent a guy an e-mail about purchasing a BIG DOG Chopper for $5800.00. He responded within minutes and claimed that the bike was in the shipping yard of this company awaiting a buyer and he had paid all expenses. I sent an e-mail to the company to ask for verification that the bike was in fact real and where he said it was and faster than I could return to my e-mail from their web site I had received a return e-mail from "the Company" giving me almost verbatim every word he had given to me.
Without this web address the site doesn't seem to exist. Or at least Google cant seem to find it no matter what I type into it. If you type the web address into Google it brings up more discerning info...try it for yourself and see.
I don't want this to be a scam...cause if it's real, the deal is unreal. But I don't want to let something go uninvestigated and find out it hurt someone else.
If you have any questions my e-mail address is mikeashley@charterinternet.com
Hi! I wish I had stumbled across this website 10 days ago. I also came across a "too good to be true" deal on craigslist. The seller sounded legit, but it ended up with live-shipping.tk/ as the 3rd party. The seller had a TC33D New Holland compact tractor with 72" mower deck for sale. He stated that 1/2 of the money was needed up front via MoneyGram and the balance would be COD. Stupid me sent the first half and barely notified live-shipping company and they e-mailed back and said that I needed to send the balance ASAP before they would ship the tractor, and if I didn't send the money(backed out of the deal), "we will stop shipment immediately and you will receive a refund in 30 days.However, please understand all shipping costs will be lost and deducted upon your behalf, due to this problem."(this quote was in red print!!). I talked to my county's sheriff's dept and they told me there wasn't much I could do to get my "down-payment" back, as I didn't send in the balance and give them a chance to ship the item. I am wondering how much the shipping costs will be? Thanks for reading and beware!
Hi i have also come across the same person that is saying that he had the tractor, i sent him anouther email wanting to know if there is anouther way we could go about this and ive not gotten anything back . now i know why
Post a Comment